Model Cleaners seeks a corporate level Accounting Associate to work closely with our accounting team in creating financial transactions and financial reports. The creation of financial transactions includes posting information to accounting journals or accounting software from such source documents as invoices to customers, cash receipts, and supplier invoices. The Accounting Associate also reconciles accounts to ensure their accuracy.
- Assist in month end reporting procedures.
- Perform filing and general administrative tasks.
- Code, post and receive payments.
- Prepare and coordinate bank deposit activities.
- Perform all necessary account, bank, and other reconciliations.
- Monitor customer accounts for non-payment and delayed payment.
- Analyze discrepancies and unpaid invoices.
- Assist in mail distribution as needed.
- Bring the books to the trial balance stage.
- Perform partial checks of the posting process.
- Complete tax forms.
- Purchase supplies and equipment as authorized by management.
- Monitor office supplies and reorder as necessary.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Proficient with MS Excel (ability to do formulas, etc.), email and internet.
- Previous accounting or bookkeeping experience required.
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles.
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records.
- Data entry skills along with an aptitude for numbers.
- Ability to speak, read and comprehend work instructions in English.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or equivalent experience.
- Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
Model Cleaners is an equal opportunity employer.